Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 December 2023

Travel Biography - Christmas 2023 Pictorial.

With Christmas Day just two sleeps away this week, I'm taking a week off from writing my Travel Biography. Instead, I'll post photographs relating to my travel experience from 1976 in Israel to Cairns in 1997. These pics are from what I have written and will only include photos of locations covered by this Biography.

In my photo albums, I have many pictures. Those which I posted so far were the cream of the lot. Therefore, here, I hope to include others for the first time. However, there may be some you are already familiar with. 

I will also try to concentrate on natural wonders rather than on modern man-made artefacts unless they're ancient, panoramic, or of outstanding beauty (in my view.) Two locations I have visited, The Grand Canyon of Arizona and the Great Barrier Reef, are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites and also two of the natural wonders of the World. As such, perhaps you will see more pics of these locations than any other.

I hope you will enjoy looking through these snapshots. Just a reminder if you're unaware, that by clicking on the photo, you can expand it to cover a greater area of the screen. A good idea for checking details. Also, pardon me if you think I'm a bit of a poser! But please take heart and don't let this put you off. The majority of photos here are not selfies!

Please Note: All 47 photos here are my own. No stock photos.

I wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year ahead.

**************************************************************************

At the Star of Bethlehem, the Holy Land, 1976.


St Peter's House, Capernaum 1976, before modification.


Inside Hezekiah's Tunnel, 1976, opened in 701 BC.


The American Falls, Niagara, 1977.


On the Edge of Niagara Falls, Canada 1977.


My first arrival at the Grand Canyon, 1978.


All ready to hike to the Canyon Floor, 1978.


Looking down at Lake Como, Italy 1981.


View of Lake Como, Italy 1981.


View of Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy 1981.


Hiking up Mt Etna volcano, Sicily 1982.


Standing on the edge of an active crater, Mt Etna 1982.


Isola Bella, Sicily 1982.


View of Taormina from Castelmola, Sicily 1982.


Duncansby Stacks, Scotland 1990.


Geo of Sclaites, Scotland 1990.


Glendale Valley, Lake District, England 1992.


Lake Wastwater, Lake District, England 1992.


Orthodox Jews celebrating the Sabbath, Israel 1993.


Damascus Gate, Jerusalem, 1993.


Apprentice Clergy, Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem 1993.


At Jerusalem, 1993.


Sunrise across the Dead Sea from Masada, Israel 1993.


Arriving at the Grand Canyon, 1995.


Bright Angel Trail switchbacks at the Devil's Corkscrew.


Looking North into Bright Angel Canyon, 1995


Cottonwood Trees on the Grand Canyon floor.


At a bridge crossing the Bright Angel Creek.


Crossing the Colorado River, Grand Canyon 1995.


Silver Bridge over the Colorado River, 1995.


I can't get any lower! Grand Canyon 1995.


A Dory sails down the Colorado River, 1995.


Preparing to hike back up.


Papago Gardens, Phoenix, Arizona 1995.


Orca Theatre, Sea World, San Diego, 1995.


I fed the dolphins at Sea World, San Diego 1995.


Mission Beach, San Diego, 1995.


Tijuana, Mexico 1995.


The Avenue, Sentosa Island, Singapore 1997.


The Cable car through the World Trade Centre, Singapore.


 Trinity Forest Reserve, Cairns, Australia 1997.


Heavy cloud over the hills of Trinity Forest, Cairns.


Fitzroy Island, seen from Green Island Coral Cay 1997. 


Mainline Australia is seen from Green Island.


Great Barrier Reef, Coral detail, Green Island.


Fish swim over the Corals, Green Island, 1997.


Hard Coral at the Great Barrier Reef, 1997.

*****HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS.***** I'LL BE BACK NEXT WEEK.*****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Week: It's back to the Biography at Week 80. I am preparing to visit Low Isles Coral Cay.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Frank,
    Thank you for posting these spectacular photos of God's creation, His chosen people in their Promised Land, and splendid edifices around the world. May you and Alex have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos Frank - the Glendale valley one is stunning! Hope you and Alex have a lovely Christmas!! Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Frank, it reminds me of our journeys and travels around the world in our younger days. God bless you and Alex, and have a lovely time over Christmas and the New Year.

    ReplyDelete