Total Pageviews

Saturday, 26 September 2026

Fiction - Week 20 - A Fiasco in a Restaurant.

All the characters in this story are fictitious and bear no resemblance to any person, living or dead.

A story based on Biblical truth.

=================================================================

On the platform at Waterloo Underground station, Philip Banks gasped as the wound on his right hand bled after he flicked away his microchip, which bled out from beneath his skin. The chip was 5 mm square, the standard size that fitted well under the skin of either his hand or forehead. Not that the chip came out entirely on its own. Rather, it came out from constant scratching to ease the itch.

Phil's new friend, Tom Lawrence, who was cooking some food over his camping stove, reached into his bag and pulled out a wad of cotton wool. From it, he tore a portion and gave it to Phil, who placed it over his wound to soak up the blood until congealment stopped the bleeding.

Tom Lawrence's camping stove looked like this.



After asking whether there was any chance of reconciliation with God after everything he had done, he watched for Tom's reaction after showing him the Mark on his right hand. There was no hostility. Instead, he smiled and welcomed the student's offer of friendship.

Then Tom said, I have never believed in Cali since he appeared soon after the Rapture. This was the right decision when I invited a couple of Jews from the 144,000 who were spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom across the land. I was converted to Christ, but wished that I had known Him before the Rapture. Right now, I would have enjoyed being in his presence in Heaven, rather than squatting here.

But is there any chance for me? Phil asked.

According to the Bible, there is no more hope of redemption if you accepted the Mark of the Beast, that is, the Mark of loyalty to Gaius Caligula. But God is merciful. Just now, you have lost your microchip. That tiny device not only activated scanners and opened barriers, but also sent a signal to Central Intelligence. With such implementation, our Peacemaker-So-Called kept his eye on you, ensuring that you remain loyal to him and never stray. But all you have now is a tattoo. Although it's now only a skin decoration, I can't say whether God will save you. But I can be sure of this: God knows the heart.

Phil then replied, I grew up under the tutelage that I must confess to a priest and do penance before taking communion. I also heard preachers say that I must repent of my sins to be saved. Both indicate that I must clean myself up before Christ will accept me. With the premature death of my sister, the only one who was kind and gentle in the family, I harboured a deep hatred of God, and I turned to atheism. What do you think?

Did you succeed in cleaning yourself up? Tom asked.

Huh! The very opposite! My inability to clean myself up has placed a rift between me and anything spiritual. 

Tom looked at Phil with deep compassion, and Phil saw his gaze and was reminded of Emily.

There was a time I was racist. Phil declared. Look! 

Phil bared his arm to show him the tattoo of the growling bulldog surrounded by the colours of the Union Jack.

I used to have a prejudice against non-whites. There was this black middle-aged woman named Emily. She was living with a group of believers in a disused church in Egham. At first sight, I felt disdain. But gradually, my love for her grew. Other than my late sister, she was the only person who showed real interest and showered me with such motherly love. Then I betrayed her and the rest of the group to the authorities. Thanks to me, she is now held in a cell, probably awaiting execution. If there is a loving God, he shone through Emily. I'm so ashamed of myself. How I regretted my loyalty to Cali, which led to the betrayal.

Tom answered, Phil, listen to me. Throughout your life, you were exposed to soul-damning heresies. Doing penance and repenting of your sins would never reconcile you to God. You admitted to yourself that these teachings only brought hostility toward God. Self-cleaning to be saved is impossible, as once you have broken the law, the transgression remains and a penalty must be paid. But God's love for you, Phil, was revealed in Jesus Christ crucified. When he suffered and died on the cross, he paid for all your sins, past, present and future. He was then buried, sealed in a rock-cut tomb. Three days later, he rose from the dead. By his resurrection, he gives eternal life as a free gift to everyone who believes. That is the love of God!

Phil looked hard at Tom; a tear rolled down his cheek, perhaps for the first time since childhood.

Tom, thank you. And you too, Emily, if you can hear me. I have a feeling that I have received an invitation to a wedding feast. I have no idea what this is about. But I believe everything you have said. I believe that his death, burial, and resurrection are the key to my salvation. 

Meanwhile, at the police station, the three officers, Bill, Clive, and Ted, sat around the table, drinking bottled water and using other bottles from the crate to cook food, at least to keep their hunger at bay rather than fill their stomachs. All three were moody and felt that executing another prisoner for Caligula's glory would lift their spirits.

Do you have anyone in mind? Bill asked.

Clive answered, How about that black woman in Cell 8?

Emily? Ted asked.

Yeah, that's her. We can send her back to the African jungle! Clive sneered, not noticing Ted's stern look. Yet he held his tongue.

The three walked through the corridor to Cell 8 and entered. Reluctantly, Ted took hold of Emily's arm while Clive grabbed her other arm more aggressively. The three led her to the lounge.

Bill then asked, Will you bow to our God and Saviour, Gaius Caligula?

Emily looked determined. First of all, he is not God nor the Saviour. He is a wicked man who has deceived you. There is only one true God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He was crucified and died on the cross so we could live! Jesus Christ would never force us to take a mark of loyalty under a threat of the death penalty. Your leader might have promised world peace. Instead, he ushered in slavery and mind control for every citizen.

Look, madam. Ted said. Your companion, Robert Jones, had a chance to renounce his faith, embrace our world leader, and walk free. Please, don't be a fool like he was. You can walk free from here if you simply renounce your faith. Your mate, in his stubbornness, was executed by a gunshot right here in this room.

Well, at least he's in a much better place! Emily replied. If you want to send me to Kingdom Come and be reunited with my son Richard, then go ahead, kill me! But I swear, I will never, never renounce my faith in Jesus Christ for Caligula!

Emily acknowledged the risen Christ.



Clive, who couldn't gainsay her, began to mock her by mimicking a hysterical primate.

OO! OO! OO! WAAH! Clive shouted, beating his chest with both his hands. You came from the African jungle; we will send you back to join your brood of apes! Ha! Ha!

Ted could no longer tolerate such a vicious insult to a poor woman. Drawing back, he punched Clive in the chin, and he went sprawling across the floor. Clive shot up and would have dived for Ted, but Bill leapt forward for Clive, and in a contest of adrenaline-enhanced brute strength, the two men wrestled until Clive gave in. The two men stood side by side, gasping for breath, while remaining undecided about what to do with Emily, who was taken aback by the spectacle. 

Ted then suggested, Take her back to her cell, and we will treat her kindly.

However, Clive slipped to a nearby drawer and drew out a shotgun. Discreetly, he pointed it at the back of Ted's head and fired. He watched his colleague fall to the floor as a jet of blood spurted from the bullet wound and formed a puddle of blood on the floor.

Bill stood, paralysed with shock. But Clive defended his actions.

After we executed that Jones weirdo, I overheard Ted concurring with her and the others, and then returned to the lounge. The way it went, it sounded as if he was about to be converted.

Clive! Bill retorted. I have to suspend you for misconduct. We are authorised to execute anyone who refuses loyalty to Caligula. But not to fight or even kill each other. You are suspended pending further enquiries, although I'm convinced you will face charges and face prison yourself. Go home. 

After Clive left the station, Bill was alone in his department. Indeed, others were in the building, in different departments, engaged in their specific duties. This included the superintendent, to whom he would have to report the incident, risking losing his job too.

After sending Emily back to her cell, Bill sat alone in the lounge. The silence in the lounge disturbed him. He was used to the camaraderie of his two colleagues, Clive and Ted. But one was now dead, the other suspended, and he sat alone, contemplating his future.

Back at Cell 8, we heard the gunshot, and Peter broke into tears, in his belief that Emily was no more. Peter wept copiously, his tears forming puddles on the floor. So how taken aback was he when Bill opened the cell door and ushered Emily in, alive and well?

Far away, heading from the Sun, a huge fiery cloud was heading straight for our planet. Another judgment on our natural environment?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment